A natural way to combat disease in the garden. An alternative to chemical fungicides, this is a 2.5% Iodine Solution. It is made with pharmaceutical food grade ingredients.
Iodine is used as a natural water disinfectant and used to sterilize cuts and wounds. It is an effective treatment against bacterial & fungal disease’s.
Needs to be used with a wetting agent and preferably diluted with soft water. We recommend using Dr Forest’s Natural Wetting Agent made with Soap Nuts. Castille Natural Soap’s react with the Iodine.
Pharmaceutical grade 99.99% pure Iodine Crystals and Surgical Spirit
Directions for use:
Normal Treatment - 0.2 - 0.4 ml per litre of Fungicide with 10 - 15 ml per litre of Dr Forest’s Natural Wetting Agent.
Strong Treatment– 0.4 - 1.0 ml per litre of Fungicide with 15 ml per litre of Dr Forest’s Natural Wetting Agent.
Strongest Treatment– 1.6 - 2 ml per litre of Fungicide with 15 ml per litre of Dr Forest’s Natural Wetting Agent
- Ideally apply very early or very late. Avoid hot times of day. You want the foliar spray to be in contact with the leaf for as long as possible. Therefore the best time to apply is very early in the morning when the humidity is high.
- Only apply 3-4 times waiting 3-5 days in between applications.
- Must be combined with Wetting Agent to ensure complete plant coverage. (Other wetting agents can be used just not Castille Natural Soap’s)
- Soft water works best (rainwater, pondwater, filtered water). Hard water will be ineffective.
- Can be applied to all crops
- No expiry date
- Do not use continuously, use only when combatting disease.
- Take extra care in early stages of growth or soft plants in greenhouses. Start at lowest concentration.
- Strongest treatment is for trees & shrubs